Levels of Performance
With each higher level of performance, the project is increasingly likely to
be completed on time -- even with unexpected problems.
| Level 0
||Provide a milestone schedule and update it at the completion of each phase.
This is the lowest performance level that should be expected of any consulting
or design firm.
| Level 1
|| Level 0 plus avoid consultant caused delays.
Our challenge is always to improve on the schedule!
| Level 2
Level 1 plus
- Help avoid client caused delays.
- Establish a detailed schedule of client decisions and other activities required
for completion of the project. Use a CPM schedule for large or complex projects.
- Keep decision makers aware of the impacts of their delays on the schedule.
- Present alternatives with adequate information on which management can make decisions.
- Avoid revisions by providing look ahead information so that management can see
the probable effects of their decisions on the outcomes of the next steps in the
- Keep all client participants aware of the schedule and of their responsibilities.
(E.g., Security, Purchasing, Telecommunications, and other support staffs)
- Monitor schedule performance of all client participants and keep management informed
of potential and actual schedule delays.
This is our normal basic level of service.
| Level 3
Level 2 plus
- Help avoid delays caused by others.
- Require schedules from all of the client's vendors/ suppliers/ sub-contractors.
Create a master schedule.
- Monitor schedule performance of all parties and keep management informed of potential
and actual delays.
| Level 4
||Level 3 plus if necessary take extraordinary measures to make up delays caused
This usually requires Additional Services. However, sometimes it is a central
requirement of a project. Check out, CMD,
| Level 5
Level 3 or 4 plus develop planning and design in order to minimize
AT&T Universal Card
Top | Back to Project Performance
FULFILL NEEDS | GOOD DESIGN
IMPLEMENTATION | WITHIN BUDGET
© 1996 Davis Associates Architects & Consultants,
53 West Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60604-3606